It is the policy of NLFC to ensure that all members, staff, volunteers and visitors are protected from environmental tobacco smoke.
This policy applies to all club facilities, functions, meetings and activities undertaken by the club. It is relevant to all members, officials, players, staff, volunteers and visitors.
Our club will ensure that:
- All indoor club facilities are smoke-free at all times
- No ash trays are present
- Cigarettes are not sold at any time at, or by, the club. This includes the sale of cigarettes from vending machines
- Legislative smoke-free signage will be clearly displayed in all smoke-free areas
Members, staff/volunteers and officials
All members, staff/volunteers and officials will not smoke while involved in an official capacity for the club, both on and off the field.
All functions, meetings and events will be promoted (through invitations and advertising) as smoke-free.
Non-compliance with the policy
All club committee members will enforce the smoke-free policy. Non-compliance will be addressed by committee members and will include an explanation of the policy breach to the person/people concerned. Additional actions will be at the discretion of the club, and serious breaches and ongoing noncompliance will be handled by at least two committee members.
The club will promote this policy regularly by:
- Providing a copy in club communications (e.g. newsletters, club website)
- Providing a copy to players as part of their registration kit
- Displaying a copy in the club social rooms
- Periodic announements to members at functions
This policy will be reviewed annually by the club committee to ensure it remains relevant to club operations, and reflects community expectations and legislation. Updates of this policy will be promoted as outlined above.